The Philippine government understands the plight of Overseas Filipino Workers and the sacrifices you need to make to be able to provide a better future for your family. This is why the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is born, which specifically focuses on migrant workers.
Aside from helping you put up your own business through OWWA Loan facility, OWWA also provides services including Workers Welfare Assistance Program.
This service is classified into two categories:
OWWA is present in 31 overseas posts located at 27 different countries. This service is extended to Filipino migrant workers to assist you at your respective job site by the Philippine Overseas Labor officials. This service covers the following:
- Assistance on OFW’s information and whereabouts
- Airport assistance upon deployment
- Psycho-social counseling
- Mediation or conciliation with your employer to settle differences and misunderstanding in an amicable manner
- Hospital / prison / work camp visitations
- Legal assistance to overseas Filipino workers who wish to pursue labor or welfare case against your employer in the host country.
This type of assistance is extended not just to the Filipino migrant workers but also their respective families at the homefront. This covers request from families or next-of-kins (NOKs) for assistance from overseas posts of OWWA.
Aside from this, the in-country services provide post-repatriation assistance when the migrant worker is back in the Philippines. This covers the following benefits:
- Temporary shelter at the OWWA Halfway House
- Stress Debriefing or Counselling
- Transportation allowance to your respective province
To be able to enjoy these benefits, it is imperative that you pay the $25 membership contribution. This fee covers many other benefits and the Workers Welfare Assistance Program is just one of them.